Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My sort of irrational love for L.M. Montgomery

I have to say, I have read A LOT of books in my little time. I'd say I read about 40 books a year... a ton considering some can be quite extensive. I have read great literary geniuses, but however genius, I still remain faithful to L.M. Montgomery, the first author I read in my life that wasn't in the, you know, "Junie B. Jones" and "Babysitter's Club" category. I was entering the world or real literature.

And now, years, a lot of years, later, I still can proudly say that the Anne of Green Gables books are the best I have ever read, for the heroine is dearer to me than any other character would or could ever be to me. Did you say Eduard Cullen? Nu-uh! Gimme Gilbert Blythe anytime, I'll eat 'im whole!

Which is why I wanted to explain something. The reason for what I have been posting less than usual for the last month or so is because I was rereading the books about this beloved redhead, and I was so sucked up in them. And now, all I can say is, you will be hearing me talk a lot about it.

What a bore, huh? Well, guess what... I enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. I love L.M. Montgomery's books, too. She is and always will be one of my favourite authors. AoGG was one of the chapter books I ever read. :-)

    Have you read "The Blue Castle"? It's one of my fave Montgomery books. . .

    ~Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - I meant "one of the FIRST chapter books" etc.

    ReplyDelete