Monday, June 8, 2009

As a Lady Would Say

Now, it isn't like my family is all strict and with that "Park Avenue" feel to it (there was a word for that, I just forgot it...) However, one day, while in Brook's Brothers for fun and amusement, I saw these books. I bought two of them. One is "How to be a Lady" and the other "As a Lady Would Say." Since I have the latter here with me, I shall mention a couple of the things it says:
  • "A lady knows how to begin a conversation.
  • Although a lady would never provoke an unpleasant confrontation, she knows how to deal with one.
  • A lady thinks before she speaks.
  • Although a lady does not fret over the past, she also thinks after she speaks, assessing the correctness of her behavior.
  • If a lady is subjected to a rude remark or rude behavior, she does not offer rudeness in return."
Sheryl Shade


Not as sexist as you thought it would be? Wanting more? Buy the book, 'cause I'm not plaigarizing! (Snap, my spelling SUCKS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment