Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Beauty

It is so hard to describe how gorgeous flowers are. Because all these words: pretty, dainty, beautiful, gorgeous. They never seem ENOUGH to just tell you how dainty yet beautiful they are. For dainty isn't beautiful enough, and beautiful isn't dainty enough.

So I have thought of a new word. Whypsiful. Doesn't that sound fairylike and not exactly beautiful, but you can see something dainty and hope filling and sometimes beautiful? So that is what flowers are. They are whypsiful.

You might think "hey, what is this sudden interest with flowers about?" I know that I have never given much importance to nature in my blog, but let me explain why. 

A few years ago, when my hours of homework were slim, I allways either spent my time reading or biking or climbing trees. I didn't bike for the exercise, really. Nor did I climb trees for the fun. I biked because I liked that time outside with nature and beauty and autumn or spring of summer or winter. And I climbed trees to be enveloped in a fairy like midst of COLOR.

And allways, during autumn, it's the time I realize how precious trees and flowers and nature is to me. Not during spring, for some reason, but during autumn.

By the way, it is NOT called fall. It is called autumn. Doesn't the word autumn just sound like music and the rustling of leaves?

Anyways, the reason of WHY I am starting to pay more attention is because I am rereading for like the gazillionth time the Anne of Green Gables series, which I like even better than Harry Potter for some reason. Yep, they are my favorite books. Anyways, these book allways make me realize how beautiful the world is and how unnecessary everything else is.

And so that I never forget how whypsiful spring is, I have decided to keep a flower vase. And maybe show you my flower vase. But the flowers will never be bought, and they will never be more than one or two, or, if little, a small handful.

I am using a glass for now, but as soon as I buy a paintable vase I will watercolor it (because watercolors are not so bright and we don't want to overshadow the flowers).

Anyways, here are some pictures of the rose I cut out, to show you how beautiful and whypsiful flowers can really get:



I am not going to say I am an awesome photographer because I honestly don't know whether I do or don't have potential. But this pictures do make me happy so!

The weird thing is that they look so spring! Living in South Africa, with the world turning orange around me, it's weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment